Thursday, May 12, 2011
Importance of Having Breakfast in the Morning!
In this fast paced life, many people seek shelter of the reason “lack of time” to skip their morning breakfast. Do you think it is better to rush to work without your breakfast? If yes, then it is time to think again. The leading scientists now give crucial importance to breakfast as the main meal of the day. Here is why—
(1) After you sleep nearly for 6 to 8 hours, body’s energy stores are depleted. It needs “real food” in the morning that provides the necessary fuel to keep you active throughout the day.
(2) Skipping breakfast is thought to be the major cause of weight gain. Avoiding breakfast makes you excessively hungry during mid day that makes you eat more at a time. Instead, morning breakfast helps you keep fuller for longer.
(3) Also breakfast helps to boost up body metabolism due to which more calories are burnt, thus again helpful to check your extra pounds.
(4) Good breakfast is said to increase your concentration power and that of your children at school.
(5) In children, the survey says that morning breakfast helps them enhance their problem solving capacity and memory.
(6) Morning breakfast is said to be a mood elevator. People affected with depressive spells are especially benefited by adding breakfast as their main meal of the day. You will find that people who have royal breakfast tend to be more jovial and full of positive attitude towards life.
But choose your breakfast wisely. It is always a better idea to go for home-made food than the packed breakfast foods available today. You need not go by fancy names but our own upama, pohe, chapatti, milk, and other dairy products work marvelously well when added to morning breakfast. So when are you starting to add energy to your life! It’s worth it!