Definition of obesity:
Excessive amount of body fat is defined as obesity. This excess is determined with the help of Body Mass Index (BMI). It is calculated with the help of formula- weight in kilograms divided by height in meters’ square. If the BMI is 25 to 29, you are overweight. If it is 30 and above you are obese; above 40 you are morbidly or severely obese.
Sleek silhouettes are not only welcome on ramps but in health industry as well. Obesity is not just a cosmetic problem but gives rise to number of diseases. Most importantly, obesity leads to syndrome X, which comprises of 3 major ailments- hypertension, diabetes mellitus, and hypercholesterolemia. These are the diseases that lead to end-organ damage and eventually death. Sadly enough obesity menace is growing almost equally in developed as well as developing countries. In
What can be done to fight obesity?
No wonder all the medical and health scientists are trying great deal to end the obesity menace and save humanity from varied diseases pertaining to it. Also due to increase in global cardiac and diabetic people, burden on health resources is increasing. Therefore, it is duty of every responsible citizen to fight against obesity.
Here are the two basic steps that should be taken to fight obesity:
(1) Go natural: Major problem that has caused so many troubles is our moving away from nature. We are inculcating nasty habits of junk foods, sedentary habits, and excess dependence on machines. Unless we don’t change our so-called urban lifestyles, we may never overcome the obesity problem.
(2) Opt for healthy treatment options: With the enhancing problem of obesity, numerous diet pills have thronged the market. But are they all safe? Surveys have found that many diet pills (those were initially marketed as the best weapons to fight against obesity) were found to contain nasty chemicals and substances those lead to substance abuse and many side effects. To lose extra pounds, we certainly do not want to burden our system with unnecessary occupants. Therefore, some of the alternative modes of therapy like homeopathy, yoga, Ayurveda etc have been lauded for their efficacy in mildly yet effectively treating obesity per say.
How homeopathy helps?
- Being a natural mode of therapy, homeopathy is one of the safest modes of treatment for obesity. The minute doses of homeopathic dilutions are effective in altering the bodily tendencies positively so that weight reduction goal can be achieved.
- Homeopathic prescription for obesity is mainly based upon the causative factor. So, in cases of pathological obesity resulting due to diseases like thyroid problem, PCOD, etc, homeopathic medicines are given depending upon these factors and their characteristic symptoms. This in turn therefore helps cure the basic problem.
- Most obesity related diseases and obesity are interdependent. They set a vicious circle in which the person revolves without relief. But by catering all these problems with singular prescription of constitutional medicine, homeopathy just helps to set the things straight and brings back equilibrium.
- The mother tinctures used in homeopathy like Phytolacca berry, Fucus vesiculosus, etc help in actual reduction in fat and enhance the metabolism, so that more fat is burnt.